Tips for your Application
What does a full application include?
- Cover letter
- Application photo
The cover letterCompiling an original, convincing cover letter requires some effort. This means it is worth investing a little more time in the text and structure. After all, your cover letter will give us our first impression of you.
Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
- Who are you?
- What makes you suitable for the position advertised?
- What are your personal and professional strengths?
- Why do you want to work for a. hartrodt?
After referring to the specific job offer in your opening sentence, summarise your motivation and individual strengths in a clear, concise text that takes up no more than one DIN A4 page. Pay particular attention to your spelling and sentence construction.
The CVWe prefer a clearly written tabular CV that lists the most important milestones in your education and career together with any additional qualifications and voluntary activities. You are advised to divide each type of information into separate sections and arrange them in a logical order. Start with your personal data, continue with your work experience – starting in the present and going backwards through your previous positions – then put your school education, academic achievements and occupational training in a separate section. Finish with a section summarising your knowledge and skills. You may also choose to tell us about your hobbies and interests.
The application photoYou are not obliged to attach a photo to your application. However, if you would like to do so, make sure that you send a high-quality professional photo.
The enclosuresThe enclosures should include:
Your contact detailsPlease include all your contact information in your application to make sure that we can reach you quickly and easily. You are also welcome to tell us how and when we can best reach you.
Use a serious-sounding e-mail address that ideally also contains your name (forename.surname@... .de). This will prevent your application from being lost in our spam folder.
Enter your personal details into our online application form. Make sure it is complete and check your input again if necessary before sending the form.
The interviewYou have made it through to the interview shortlist! Congratulations! You’re now just one step away from the job you want. The purpose of the interview is for us to get to know each other. Even though your written application has already convinced us that you may be suitable for the job, you should prepare thoroughly for the interview.
- Find out as much as you can about our company. Our website is naturally the ideal resource.
- Think about the questions you are going to ask. Your questions will show your interest in our company. What would you like to know more about?
- You don’t have to bring an application folder to your interview. However, if you have received any more important references, certificates etc. which we do not yet have, please bring them with you.
- Prepare a short personal presentation that describes the most important milestones in your career.
- It is vital that you arrive on time for your interview. Organise your journey carefully and leave extra time in case you are delayed.
- Dress appropriately for the position you want! As a manager or member of the sales team, you should choose a classic business outfit. Wear a more casual outfit if you are applying as an administrator or trainee. It goes without saying that your clothes should be clean and well cared for.
You will find more information about searching for a traineeship at https://www.aubi-plus.de/
How can I apply?
We prefer it if you apply using our online application form. If this is not possible, you can also send us your application by e-mail or post.
Can I also send a speculative application?
If you can’t find a suitable job vacancy on our website, you are naturally also welcome to send a speculative application. TIP! Subscribe to JobAlert! This will keep you up-to-date about new job vacancies.
Can I apply for several jobs at the same time?
Yes, you can submit simultaneous applications for several jobs.
Are job advertisements always up to date?
As a rule, the job vacancies on our website are considered open.
Does the a. hartrodt group also offer jobs outside Germany?
a. hartrodt has offices and subsidiaries worldwide. You will find international job offers on the website of the respective national organisation.
Should I send my application to a specific person?
We specify the person to contact in the job advertisement. You can contact him or her at any time if you have queries about the position.
How long will I usually have to wait for a response?
It goes without saying that we make every effort to fill our vacancies as quickly as possible. A selection procedure normally lasts no more than 2 months. We will send you provisional notification if it takes longer.
How long will my application data be stored?
The way in which we handle your personal data is described in detail in our Data Protection Statement.
Will you return my application documents?
We will certainly return application folders sent to us by post.
Application sent! What happens next?
- As soon as we receive your application, we will send confirmation of receipt to the e-mail address provided.
- Afterwards, the human resources department will review your application documents individually. If your qualifications match our requirements profile, we will forward your documents to the respective department.
- If the department is also convinced of your suitability, we would of course like to get to know you in person. An employee in our human resources department will contact you by phone to make an appointment for an interview. This will subsequently be confirmed by e-mail.
- Your interview will be conducted by your direct manager and the relevant personnel officer. You can expect it to take 60 to 90 minutes.
- Were you equally convincing in your interview? If this is the case, we will contact you by phone or e-mail to discuss everything else. Once all the details have been clarified, you will receive your employment contract by post.
- Have you decided to join a. hartrodt? Then let us welcome you on board! It's very important to us that you quickly feel at ease in your new working environment, familiarise yourself thoroughly with your new tasks and become integrated into the team. In order to make sure of this, you will receive intensive support from your colleagues as part of our onboarding process.
- If our recruitment procedure ends with the selection of another candidate, you will of course be notified promptly.